Saturday, October 22, 2005

 

Stupid Weather

Stupid Weather!

I know the world is going through a lot right now, environmentally.  From Tsunamis to earthquakes to hurricanes to more hurricanes, it would seem that good old Mother Nature is getting tired of us, and I can see why.  After all, even during the worst of times we humans never fail to be really stupid.
Let’s take the latest hurricane “Wilma” that is right now attacking Cancun, Mexico on it’s way to Florida.  Manu have died, many more will loose their homes, but for one Canadian couple it’s much, much worse.
You see, whenever something like this happens, the local newscasts devote time to people from the area that are in the affected region.  It usually consists of people looking sad and saying things like “I hope they got out in time” or “I just want to hear them call and say they are alright.”
But one mother showed a lot more about her son and daughter in law then she wanted.  Noting they the newlyweds are in Florida for their honeymoon, she recalls a phone conversation she recently had where her son said, “We can’t get a flight out, why didn’t they tell us to evacuate earlier?”
Wha????????  Come on, I knew Wilma was headed to Florida last Tuesday, are you telling me this guy didn’t?
Haven’t they seen the news?  Read a newspaper?  Listened to the radio?  Talked to some locals?  Noticed the heavy rain that isn’t letting up?  Are you telling me that they were so isolated that they had no idea that they had to leave?  What have they been doing?  Ok, stupid question.  It is their honeymoon, but even then, are they really spending ALL their time doing it?  I know for a fact that a man needs at least fifteen minutes to recover, are you telling me he cuddled?
And what about their parents?  Didn’t it cross their minds to phone the happy couple and warn them?  
It blows my FREAKIN’ MIND!  These people, all of them, are idiots of the first degree.  Now they have to be holed up in a shelter where, I am assuming, they will actually stop screwing enough to realize where they are and what they are doing there.  Maybe this will teach them to poke their heads up once and awhile.
And to make matters worse, they will probably want a refund for their trip.  Again, it FREAKIN’ BLOWS MY MIND!

Powerball fever gripped parts of America last week.  There were long line up’s at convenience stores and everyone who was interviewed said the same thing.  “I am going to win!”
Well, someone did win, and I’ll make a large bet that it wasn’t you.  Do you finally feel stupid about it?  Do you now realize you wasted your money?  Are you embarrassed yet?
No, I bet you aren’t.  I’m betting that next week you will plop down your hard earned money like the lemming that you are.
No wonder Mother Nature hates us.

Next Post:  Law and Order.  (Ba, bum!)

Comments:
Hey, I just discovered you had another (this) blog... cool.

Yeah, I've pretty much come to accept that there are a great number of people who will travel to the Carribean/Southern US/Central America during hurricane season, but won't take personal responsibility for the fact when they get caught by said hurricanes. WHY DIDN'T THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT ACT SOONER TO HELP US? They will later say, and the rest of us just mutter under our breath (or in someone elses blog).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?